Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Drama High!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We are no word count, rapid fire, crazy as shit, character driven site! Please register with your FIRST AND LAST name (ex. Crystal Waters), post an application and get the ball rolling! Most important rule of all, have fun and cause lots of drama over here at DRAMA HIGH!

How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Newcreate.php?text=Updates%21&name=Simply%20Glamorous
We have just added a Gossip Column, Social Networking, Character Development & Shipping categories!

For the Gossip Column, you can post anonymously as the Drama queen about anything and everyone you want! Whether you want to post or just read, do it all here!

In the Social Networking category, you can post topics containing your character's social networking (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) posts and pages!

Here in Character Development, these are blogs, journal entries and anything else your character uses to express themselves or help further in character development & growth.

Shipping is where you can get plots for your characters!

Make sure to check out all of these exciting new updates and enjoy!
Latest topics
» The Valley
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Sugar Fuentes 23/03/14, 08:07 pm

» --Sinner--
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Sugar Fuentes 27/02/14, 07:30 pm

» So you think you're so smart huh?
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Principal Bacardi 22/01/14, 12:36 am

» Crispy finger nails.
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Ria Bertram 12/01/14, 05:13 pm

» Didn't know where to put this so yeah...
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Julian Darko 11/01/14, 06:31 am

» Alcohol & Hardly Working
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Lulu Reedus 09/01/14, 06:59 am

» Real World
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Lulu Reedus 09/01/14, 06:55 am

» tornado in my pants, hollaaaa
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby smaug kingsley 09/01/14, 06:33 am

» First (Kind of) Dates & Bible Huggers
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitimeby Marie Del Ray 09/01/14, 05:15 am

How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Newcreate.php?text=Chat%21&name=Simply%20Glamorous

How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Newcreate.php?text=Staff%21&name=Simply%20Glamorous
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Rs_634x911-130618124906-634.ALevinePerfume.mh.061813 How to Roleplay (Please Read!) James_franco_002
How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Thumbs_0512-cover-zooey-deschanel-1-xln

How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Newcreate.php?text=Timeline%21&name=Simply%20Glamorous
SEPT 22-28, 2013

How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Newcreate.php?text=Credits%21&name=Simply%20Glamorous
Yo! So all the pictures come from searches on Google. All the "templates" for the rules and face claims, etc., come from various users registered to CAUTION TO THE WIND, a fantastic roleplaying reference website dedicated to making your experience roleplaying prettier! And all the restaurants, stores, sights Outside of Drama High come from various programs produced by Schneider's Bakery™ production company! Thank you for taking the time to look at this!

How to Roleplay (Please Read!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebecca Gelb
Admin
Rebecca Gelb

Money : 118
Popularity : 1

How to Roleplay (Please Read!) Empty
PostSubject: How to Roleplay (Please Read!)   How to Roleplay (Please Read!) I_icon_minitime24/12/13, 06:10 pm

What Is Roleplaying?

Here are some guidelines on how to roleplay. First, let's ask a simple question- what is roleplaying? Roleplaying is acting as a character, in existence or made up, and interact with other characters.

Now, I'll teach you how to roleplay. Basically, when you're roleplaying, you should imagine you're writing the final draft of a story that's about to be published. When your character, or another character, is talking, it should be in quotations. Using correct spelling and grammar is a must. And you should be writing like you're writing a novel, too: your character is the first person narrator. For example, I might say, in a post:

Alexa wrote:

Quote :
I walked into Math to see Mr. Black Guy in the middle of a lecture. "I'm so sorry interrupt but Principal Bardcadi needs to speak to Astrid. I click my heels together to hear Mr. Black Guy's answer.

And then she might say:

Mr. Black Guy wrote:
Quote :
I didn't like the fact that Principal Barcadi kept calling out my students "Ok, Astrid you may leave."

Godmodding:

Something you shouldn't do is godmod . Godmodding is when you take control of another character. This can be very aggravating, especially if the person does something annoying. For example:

Alexa wrote:
Quote :
I hear Astrid calling my name behind me. I turn around and I give her a small smile. Astrid puts down her backpack and then does the hokey pokey.

Out of Character:

There's no way to tell whether you're adding something to your post that's out of character, so the inventors of the online roleplay made up Out Of Character, or OOC. You can use OOC to suggest what to do to the other person, to comment on something, or basically anything. Here's an example of a roleplay with OOC:

Alexa wrote:
Quote :
I hear Astrid calling my name behind me. I turn her around and give her a small smile.
OOC: Slap Alexa, yo!

And then she might say:

Astrid wrote:
Quote :
OOC: sure! lol wonder where this is going to lead O.o
BIC: I make long powerful strides up to Alexa. I close enough for my face to be in front of her. I raise my right hand as is strikes her face.

As, you can probably figure out, BIC means back in character.

Double Posting:

One thing that's not cool is double-posting. Or triple-, quadruple-, googolplex-posting, whatever. When you do multiple posts without anyone else posting, it looks really sloppy and bad. So don't multiple-post. Just don't do it.

Length of Posts:

We are no a no word count site, right? But please be realistic and do not do posts like these:

Astrid wrote:
Quote :
I slapped her.

Alexa wrote:
Quote :
I smirk.

Astrid wrote:
Quote :
I run away.

And so on... and it gets quite boring to read. Please put some effort into your posts; if you're going to post like that, combine it all into one post. I'm not saying your post has to be lecture-long, just make it interesting to read.

I hope you have an enjoyable time roleplaying! Any questions? Post them below!

Alexa~~
Back to top Go down
https://dramahighrp.forumotion.com

How to Roleplay (Please Read!)
Page 1 of 1